About Sylvie Meehan Designs
If you’re like most people, you spend more time in your home than anywhere else. Your home is where you create the cherished memories that make up your life. But if the interior design of your home doesn’t work with your lifestyle, your home can also be a source of frustration for you.
Use Sylvie Meehan Designs as your interior designer and we will start by fixing the things that frustrate you about your home.
- Do you have cabinets you don’t use because they’re hard to get into? We’ll find a way to fix it.
- Do you avoid cooking in your kitchen because it’s to awkward to use? We’ll make the space more productive for you.
- Is your bathroom counter a cluttered mess because you can’t find a place to put everything? We’ll give you a system to keep it organized and easy to access.
- Do you always have to struggle to see what you’re doing? We’ll help you with lighting that’s both flattering and functional.
Once your interior design functions the way you need it to, we take your home from drab to fab by doing a home remodel that doesn’t just look good, but fits your lifestyle. The end result is more than a house you live in, it’s the home you love to be in.
You Dream. I Design. You Enjoy!
Do you have an idea in mind for your dream kitchen, but don’t know if it’s possible? Are bathroom and kitchen remodeling something you really want to do, but don’t know where to start? You’ve come to the right place. Sylvie Meehan Designs guides you every step of the way during your interior design projects. From your initial consultation to your finished home remodel, we take away your confusion. We walk you through every step so you always know what’s going on, and what’s coming next. Most everyone has a remodeling horror story in their past. Work with Sylvie Meehan Designs for your home remodel and you won’t have any new ones. While we can’t promise nothing will ever go wrong with your remodel, we do promise to fix any problems that arise.
- We make your home remodel as stress-free as possible.
- We develop an interior design plan to fit your lifestyle.
- We show you solutions to make your home function the way you need it to.
- We deal with contractors, builders, and vendors so you don’t have to worry about them.
- We keep things on schedule and on budget as much as possible.
- We guide you through your choices in the right order so you don’t trap yourself into a look you don’t want.
- We educate you on the proper maintenance of the products you choose.
- We make sure the materials you choose work with your dream design.
- We save you time and money because we know where to shop, what to buy, and what needs to happen.
- We provide you with all the information on the contractors who work on your home remodel so you have them for future reference.
Getting your dream kitchen or the bathroom you always wanted shouldn’t make you crazy. So above all, we do our best to make sure your interior design project is fun, not frightening. Our goal is to give you: a place you love to come home to, a home where you want to spend time with your family, a home where you’ll want to entertain, a home that feels like you.
As your interior designer, Sylvie becomes the extra voice you need to hear. She’s able to step back from your project in a way you can’t. She brings a perspective that shows you more than the room you’re working on. She shows you how it will affect your entire house so your new room doesn’t look like it belongs in another house. If your plan is to start with a new style and spread it to the rest of your house she’ll make sure the transitions flow and feel fluid as you go from room to room.
One of my most rewarding moments as an interior designer was when a client told me that hiring me saved her marriage. She and her husband couldn’t agree on a design plan or the materials to use in their remodel. She said when they hired me they both felt like they had equal input. By acting as the voice of reason I was able to address both of their concerns and we were able to find a compromise that worked for everyone.
At the heart of Sylvie Meehan designs is interior designer, Sylvie Meehan. Sylvie’s interior design philosophy can be summed up in two sentences: She wants you to have a home you love to come home to. She wants your home remodel to be fun and stress-free.
Originally from Montréal, Quebec, Canada, where she got her Interior Design degree, Sylvie has over fifteen years of experience in the industry. Her experience working on million dollar homes has given her the skills needed to create luxury in homes of all sizes.
Sylvie doesn’t impose her style choices on you. Instead, she guides you on a journey to discover your own design aesthetic. Along the way she educates; pointing out options and solutions you probably didn’t know existed. She understands that your style is uniquely yours. She honors this by making sure you have all the choices you need for your home to fit both your style, and your life.
Having a functional living space is the foundation of a great interior design. Before Sylvie begins to make your interior design project look good, she addresses all the things that don’t work in the space so they aren’t repeated in your finished design. This method ensures you’ll enjoy the space longer. She addresses this in her book: Create the Kitchen of a Lifetime.